Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Parts are in!

All the parts are in... I had to drive to the other side of the city for the second base gasket... oh well I didn't even need it tonight.

Besides the base gasket leak, I had an alternator problem. The system was only making 5 volts at idle, and 10 volts at 5-6000 RPM. After some quick testing I found there was a break in one of the coils.



After pulling the flywheel off the broken coil was found by measuring the resistance of the coil while poking at the windings. The break was found under some windings and was not accessable to fix. So instead of spending $600 on a new alternator I just cut the broken coil out... hopefully it works.



The head came off without a problem, besides some carbon build-up it's not too bad. I'm still waiting to see how the cylinders look.

That's it for today... tomorrow the barrels come off and hopefully the whole thing goes back together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home